Thursday, March 17, 2016

We're All Bored

You and Me, We Were Chick-fil-A on a Sunday Afternoon


you always knew how to get me 
you knew how to get me with those sunshine eyes
your smile like June
your skin that smells the way August feels

but the word my dear is weary
and the definition is you and me

because even though you knew how to get me
you wrote the book on how to let me go

because baby you let me go like I was January
and you couldn't wait for Valentine's Day
only I wasn't the one  you were buying flowers for

you left me in March with the feeling of October on my finger tips
and somehow that was worse than an endless May
but you always knew that didn't you?



1 comment:

Beatrice said...

"because even though you knew how to get me
you wrote the book on how to let me go"
Freak girl! This is amazing. snapsnapsnapsnapsnapsnapsnap. Been missing this in my life.