Sunday, November 1, 2015

Until Now

October 29, 2015

I couldn't feel my toes
and I couldn't feel your hands either

that was the moment when I knew
that for all the love in the heavens
and all the love in my heart
you would never look at me
and sigh

and at that moment
I would have given anything
to take you to the moon
and turn my back while you
gasped for air
and clawed at my ankles
begging my heart to save yours


because oh my love
I always told you
I would love you to the moon and back
but I didn't realize then
that I never bought a round trip ticket
for myself

and now I know that you aren't real
and I'm not real
and love isn't real
and neither is the moon

which is such a shame
because all I've ever wanted
is for you to ask me
to spend eternity
counting the freckles on your arms







2 comments:

savanna jones said...

all I've ever wanted
is for you to ask me
to spend eternity
counting the freckles on your arms

Emma Heath said...

One of your best, Ariel Van Dyke, one of your best.