Thursday, November 12, 2015

Things Were All Good Yesterday

November 12, 2015

10:58 am 

I am Writing This to Avoid Making Eye Contact With My Future


Dear God,
I want to be at my sisters wedding.

she says she's in love and I want to believe her
a head that's too young and a heart that's too old
you always said it was dangerous

I want to bring roses and tuck them behind her little ears

she never worried about me God
so I don't know why I expected her to hear me
I guess I never thought this was going to be the end
I guess I never thought there would be an end

her eyes will look lovely behind her veil don't you think God?

I just hope one day my Christmas cards reach her
(in ways I never could)
and I hope she sighs when she tapes them to her fridge
but you should know
I don't expect that much

Dear God,
I want to be at my sister's wedding and
I hear you're handing out the invitations.

3 comments:

savanna jones said...

Dear God,
I want to be at my sister's wedding and
I hear you're handing out the invitations.

savanna jones said...

Dear God,
take care of Ariel Van Dyke.
i think she is something real special.

Wendy Darling said...

"a head that's too young and a heart that's too old
you always said it was dangerous"


This filled me so much.
You are such a beauty Ariel, and I don't say that like those fake people. I say it with everything in me