Saturday, October 24, 2015

Is There Anybody Out There?

July 9, 2015


i have a secret,

tomorrow isn't coming.

he texted me and told me he was running late.

he left a message saying his plane was delayed.

he called to tell me he loved me.

but oh tomorrow, I know better than to believe you.




if you want the whole story, you should talk to my spine
or better yet
the spot between my shoulder blades that I can't reach

tomorrow said he would fix me
he said he would make the pain stop
just wait, he said,
we can do anything together, he said

but look at me now, do I look fixed to you?

my dearest tomorrow, I'm tired of waiting
I've been flirting with next year
I texted yesterday
and I kissed Wednesday morning last night

and  you know what?
I hope it hurts you to see me happy







1 comment:

Alexa said...

SOOUUUULLLL FFFOOOOOOODDD.. Missed this in my life.