Monday, September 28, 2015

Stop the Madness

This is Not Beautiful


when I saw you across the hall the other day

you could say that my feet became
a little more aware of gravity
pulling my heart towards the center of the earth

and I don't think you know how hard it is to stay upright
when seeing your eyes makes me feel like floating
or melting
or dancing
or diving head first off the nearest cliff

and I guess the point is,
I'm never not going to be afraid of snakes
and there will never come a day
when I'm not terrified of the way my heart feels
when I see you looking at me

so tread carefully darling
because this, this is a freaking minefield
and you're carrying my heart  in your back pocket




4 comments:

Emma Heath said...

because this, this is a freaking minefield
and you're carrying my heart in your back pocket

savanna jones said...

and I guess the point is,
I'm never not going to be afraid of snakes
and there will never come a day
when I'm not terrified of the way my heart feels
when I see you looking at me


pretty damn beautiful

Alexa said...

you could say that my feet became
a little more aware of gravity
pulling my heart towards the center of the earth

BUUUUTTTT REALLLYYYY. #perfection

Wendy Darling said...

You are what I aspire to be.